Re: Thinking Clearly

Andre Kaufmann wrote:

It's the wrong newsgroup for such discussions. But yes, MFC has been
enhanced to operate with WinForms. But that approach is language
independent. Delphi Win32 could host in the same way WinForms or
"WPF-Forms" in VCL Forms.

Interesting. I'll have to take a look at this.

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee

  • Re: Thinking Clearly
    ... enhanced to operate with WinForms. ... "WPF-Forms" in VCL Forms. ... here which couldn't be done in Delphi with some coding. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: My rant about the "throw out delphi and re-write it in C#" crowd.
    ... nothing out there that I've seen for WinForms that hasn't already been ... done to death by 3rd party vendors for VCL? ... thought we were talking about being able to port Delphi applications to ... Drop it on a Windows Form. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: 64-bit Windows for AMD 64 is here...
    ... > All that was demonstrated is that VCL.net is less capable than VCL ... than the rather poor WinForms. ... old Win32 API structures in an OO coating. ... I mentioned that one of the strong points of Delphi is is compatibility ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: The New Roadmap
    ... WinForms is not my first choice for .Net UI apps. ... for the VCL since Delphi 1. ... VCL in both places where it makes sense. ... Why would you ever *need* to write a .NET GUI app? ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: My rant about the "throw out delphi and re-write it in C#" crowd.
    ... Visual Studio can still load and use those assemblies with no problems. ... using BDS or Visual Studio will depend on which one does it better. ... will probably surpass VCL in Win Forms V3, ... Anders is not 'behind' WinForms per se. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)