Re: Thinking Clearly

Randy Magruder wrote:
The few who did were doing so for productivity, because they could put
together an app a LOT faster that would run just as fast as anything
the C++ could.

I agree.

So how do we take that into the .NET world? Mystery...

..NET and Win32 are very different from the developer perspective. I
think new ways of increasing productivity on .NET are required.

--
Brian Moelk
Brain Endeavor LLC

  • Re: WSE2.0 Security Exception ?
    ... when I reference the network executable. ... I have this issue resolved by running my app from a local drive. ... at System.Configuration.ConfigurationRecord.Evaluate(String configKey) ... Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032 ...
  • Re: WSE2.0 Security Exception ?
    ... when I reference the network executable. ... I have this issue resolved by running my app from a local drive. ... at System.Configuration.ConfigurationRecord.Evaluate(String configKey) ... Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032 ...
  • Re: VCL.NET revisited...
    ... might need to port the application back to Win32. ... app, ... VCL.NET rather than having to learn WinForms -- especially ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: WSE2.0 Security Exception ?
    ... Anyone have any idea why I would get errors running an app from a network drive, but enabling the app to have Full Trust? ... This problem seems to be specific to 2003, as I can permission the same executable with full trust on a Win2k box without error. ... at System.Configuration.ConfigurationRecord.Evaluate(String configKey) ... Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032 ...
  • Re: Make Garbage Collection Optional Then I Will Shut Up
    ... > Even slow environment have their uses, ... You want to create a contest, in order to prove that .net is slower ... everything faster in Win32 than in .net. ... Whithout special optimizations for the .net environment, the app is ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)