Re: Tried Out Delphi 2006

I'd say just the opposite. Just because some niche feature that you used
that nobody else even noticed was gone is important to you does NOT mean
it's important to everybody.

That is what's wrong with Delphi: the shrinking gene pool. What's left is
people who do one little thing with Delphi. FYI: the rest of the world uses
COM/ActiveX controls to distribute component functionality. If that's
considered a "niche" thing, and it is in Delphi newsgroups, then that just
shows why Delphi can't get any mindshare or traction in the non-Delphi
world. Delphi is no longer a better tool, it's just a different tool, and
one whose ability to produce software to interact with the world at large is
shrinking.

  • Delphi Position in Houston, TX
    ... Listing Title: Delphi Software Developer ... Strong understanding and ability within Borland Delphi 4 and 7 ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re[2]: Script engine
    ... TW> - all the usual delphi constructs. ... TW> - ability to create most variable types, ... FastScript is written on 100% Object Pascal and can be ... can write scripts using your favourite language. ...
  • Re: Please vote: ISAPI or CGI (or something else)?
    ... AutoFlowchart---a excellent source code flowcharting tool to generate ... > a) ability to use Delphi to write stand-alone webserver executables ... > d) ability to call external PHP scripts from stand-alone webserver buit ...
  • Re: .NET features youd like to see in Win32
    ... I use Delphi since Delphi 1 up to BDS 2006 and I love it and I love Pascal. ... Win32 apps will disappear more and more. ... applications are rather slow. ... Ability to seamlessly interop with other languages ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Script engine
    ... "Tony Wood" schreef in bericht ... > - all the usual delphi constructs. ... > - ability to create most variable types, ... >> some complex reports to a Rave report preview window, ...