Re: Tried Out Delphi 2006

"RHR" <rruff@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

create ActiveX controls and VB6 to create Office COM Add-ins.

Exactly. Trying to automate Office from Delphi is just excrutiatingly
painful. VB6 is smooth as cream. But I suspect MS is to blame far more
than Borland for that situation.

AddIn Expess supports Delphi, so that's one option. The only reason I
didn't use it was because it doesn't support C++ Builder.

  • Re: Atlas Shrugged Off
    ... John Jacobson wrote: ... suspect went wrong with Borland, and thus Delphi, specifically. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Turbo Basic Explorer
    ... Now, it change their mind and say is ok mix everything with the new code-besides, and the convertion wizard (when Delphi have a full featured wizard? ... Our product was 4 project solution for a ERP product, with code separation from layout and that things with not pinvoke and hard tricks... ... I can blame MS because I contact support, I request info in newsgroups, ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Atlas Shrugged Off
    ... suspect went wrong with Borland, and thus Delphi, specifically. ... Do you think CodeGear management team applies these rules? ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Captain Jakes Top Ten List of what Id like to see in thenextversionofDelphi
    ... and to provide integration with existing applications. ... up your working legacy Delphi business objects as COM or SOAP, ... it provides no reason whatsoever to stay with Delphi. ... I blame other things. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Delphi vs. C# mortal kombat!
    ... mamcx wrote: ... > Enter Delphi and C# and see how win! ... > 1- Not blame me for results ... > 2- Not deduce anything from this. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)