Re: Cross platform - an interim proposal

"Marco van de Voort" wrote:
I.P. Nichols wrote:

That might well be true but will the typical Delphi GUI designer have the
mindset to take advantage of a larger Mac market and it's much richer visual
GUI or will they reject the Mac GUI's as so much eye-candy?

First, most of the eye candy is like Vista. OS internal, and doesn't concern
app developers, specially since they don't have a dual or triple mode model
(classic-teletubby-glass) that you have to fix for (e.g. system font)

Did it put developers of Vista ? No. Why? You don't have to. Basic apps are
like on Windows, only trendy apps

I have absolutly no idea what you are saying, care to explain?

Microsoft is in the process of creating a virtual storm of new stuff for
richer GUIs like Vista, WPF, Silverlight, Acropolis and Popfly and some
folks on non-tech have concurred with reactions such to this posting...

How many people here have used the new Ribbon? Who uses more from Vista than
a bit of manifest ?

The new Ribbon is a feature of the Office 2007 Interface and is not part of Vista or any of the other "GUI" products I mentioned. Here is a screen shot of it running on Windows XP.
http://blogs.msdn.com/photos/jensenh/images/670739/original.aspx

During a storm some folks wait it out grousing about rip-tides, beach
erosion and dead whales washing ashore while others ride the waves hoping
for the thrill of a new experience and risking wipeouts. ;-)

And somepeople mistake the normal tide for a storm :-)

If the vast amount of stuff that Microsoft has brought forth in the last 6 months is a just a normal tide I sure hope to never experience a rip-snorthing Microsoft blitz storm. :)

  • Re: Cross platform - an interim proposal
    ... now a bigger market than it was, and I believe going to get bigger. ... GUI or will they reject the Mac GUI's as so much eye-candy? ... most of the eye candy is like Vista. ... Basic apps are ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: embedding a manifest into an executable file on the fly
    ... I just use a "skin" to tart up the gui a bit: ... People expect their apps to look modern, ... It's not so much that I love WinXP or Vista look (although I do greatly ...
  • Any good links on how to thing when designing windows services
    ... yepp can have 2 programs - one service and one normal GUI, ... nice if I did it right the first time (for the first ... we are not running vista, not eaven in the test env. ... about antivirus upgrades for those babys thease last years... ...
  • Useful things MS hides...
    ... multi-OS/multi-boot easy to put in the mbr and os selector, ... Can anyone read the sfc CBS.log file, in all of it's 10MB glory? ... can't write a simple GUI for these for us? ... Vista won't? ...