Re: C#Builder 2007(2008)

Hi Nick

.Net is a platform that we leverage to the advantage of Delphi
developers. We believe that ASP.NET is a great tool for building
websites and web applications, so we are providing a solution for
Delphi developers to leverage ASP.NET to develop web sites.

We think that VCL.NET is a superior solution for building desktop
applications in the managed space. We leverage the advantages of the
.Net platform with our proven VCL framework to provide a solution for
managed client applications.

If your view of a ".Net Strategy" is "support everything on the .Net
platform, chasing Microsoft around and trying to be Visual Studio.Net",
then we don't have a .Net Strategy.

this is good and i hope this work, but what scare use is the constants stategy changes. if this Wii path is what codegear choose fine, but please stay with it for a long time.

If you think that .Net is a framework that Delphi developers can
leverage to accomplish what they want to accomplish, then you'll
understand our .Net strategy a little bit better.

how codegear will encorage third party developers to make vcl.net components and what is the migration path for delphi/winforms/Eco ( and maybe third part components like stimulsoft reports) users.

regards,
Dennis Ortiz

  • Re: Is .NET going to be dropped by Microsoft?
    ... For line-of-business applications using .NET's paint optimization features ... >and developers influential in the decision process. ... Most Microsoft embedded device development has or is transtitioning to .NET ... > My sources are from some relatively large organizations such as Bank of> the West, Bank of America, SBC, ATI, and a few others -- from senior> management and developers influential in the decision process. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Why Silverlight might not have any light at the end of the tunnel ....
    ... technology when it comes to web applications. ... Silverlight falls flat for me in being an extension of the web browser ... even if easier for developers. ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • RE: Is that a joke ?
    ... > native code. ... It probably looks fast to Java or VB developers but what ... > about real time applications? ... > programmers but not the rest of us who used to hand-optimise our code, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: Is that a joke ?
    ... than C++ apps for most uses. ... It probably looks fast to Java or VB developers but what ... > What about CAD, CAE, CAM, scientific applications, utilities, math, ... a garbage collector doesn't make good programmers or safe ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: Is that a joke ?
    ... avoid getting slapped around by .Net gotchas. ... > native code. ... It probably looks fast to Java or VB developers but what ... > What about CAD, CAE, CAM, scientific applications, utilities, math, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)