Re: How many Delphi users in the world?

This number (1.75 million) indicates unique license owners and not just
licenses, right? For example, if I purchased a version of Delphi and
then upgraded to the next version and the next and so on, that still
counts as one user.

Actually its not licenses, it's unique *users* in 2006 not necessarily
licenses or more specifically not necessarily paid licenses- ie there is
some piracy in there and free editions as well. 1.75m is # of active
developers using Delphi.

  • Re: Does any body know..
    ... average total revenue of the Develop category for the last three years ... Divide this by USD 1500 average revenue per Delphi unit sold, ... about 33.600 licenses sold yearly on average over the last three years. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Will Price of Delphi and other Tools collapse?
    ... of unique licenses, but was pleasantly surprised when Michael Swindell ... there were something like 1 million Delphi licenses. ... licenses sold with current marketshare is not going to result in an accurate ... but unfortunately for an awful lot of firms it is too late. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Interbase Turbo?
    ... Ben Jackson wrote: ... Maybe CG should consider a change in business model, selling unlimited deployment licenses at a reasonable price instead of licenses per seat. ... Pay per version like we do with Delphi, ... Perhaps is better for them to do in cooperation with FB team a good open sourced SQL server and to offer something like "premium support" for those like you which need this. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Does any body know..
    ... > I find it rather unlikely that 1 in 300 people in USA is a Delphi ... > don't think 1 in 100 working class males are Delphi programmers. ... Delphi programmers have upgraded some number of times. ... many licenses there. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: How many Delphi users in the world?
    ... licenses registered and activated statistics. ... pirating hurts Delphi more than you imagine - if you cannot ... When we look at our data we look at unique registations, ... license that has been re-registered multiple times as one registration. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)