Re: Version control advice, VSS alternative?

On 2008-06-09 11:22:21 +0100, Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

Since TC we moved over to SubVersion. We have been using it for 4 years now and it's absolutely brilliant!

Thanks for the positive comments regarding SubVersion, Graeme.

I could see myself moving to SubVersion (or similar) in the future simply because my development projects (and environments) are starting to include non-Windows platforms, and I really don't want to be using a Windows-based vc client to check-in/out files on a Mac (for instance) elsewhere on the network.

Cheers
Rob
--
Rob Uttley www.robsoft.net

  • Re: SCM options (was Re: Where is FreeBSD going?)
    ... >>I think there are compelling reasons to try subversion, ... >>moving the ports tree first. ... SVN is meant to be a replacement to CVS. ... Do you Yahoo!? ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: Subversion? (Re: HEADS UP: Importing csup into base)
    ... |> ``Moving to Subversion'' is not really with us right now. ... |> other hand, csup and CVS are with us today, and are ready to use. ... |> future move to Subversion, if that's what you are asking. ...
    (freebsd-arch)
  • Subversion? (Re: HEADS UP: Importing csup into base)
    ... I'm not wanting to be rude or anything, but is the idea of moving to subversion ... at some point in time completely dead, or is csup going to interact with it ...
    (freebsd-arch)
  • Re: organization
    ... > The biggest problem is keeping history here. ... We didn't have any old release, so moving ... > FreeBSD land:) ... wasnt here some discussion about moving FreeBSD to subversion (as some other ...
    (freebsd-hackers)