Need to export my data into Excel. How?

From: Ivo Bauer (bauer_at_ozm.cz)
Date: 11/04/03

Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 16:57:51 +0100

Good day!

I'm currently writing an application which will need to export some data
into MS Excel files (*.XLS). The component should meet these criteria:

1) Ability to create an Excel workbook - i.e. multiple sheets per one XLS.
2) Abitility to specify the data to be exported directly without TDataset
support (my application works with a complex data which are not stored in
database) and also indirectly via TDataSet (one never know).
3) Native XLS support, thus no need for MS Excel to be installed on target
machine.
4) Stability & reliability
5) Low-cost

Please leave here the recommendations for a specific product based on your
own experiences.

Thanks in advance,
Ivo

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Macros & alternatives
    ... What I mean is how would they "remove the ability to change it"? ... > They would install Excel with a high setting, ... > Bob Phillips ... >>> system variables, etc., and within Excel to run macros by setting the ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Macros & alternatives
    ... They would install Excel with a high setting, ... Such restrictions include the ability to set date and time, ... >> Bob Phillips ... >>> I have a spreadsheet which uses macros extensively. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Numbers
    ... the complicated functions that Excel provides. ... I would like a few additions: the ability to define functions (probably by ... iterate until a steady state or an obviously divergent state is reached. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Save edits to spread sheet
    ... In a similar situation I've transfered the Excel file to a WSS test site as ... fields (with the ability to "fill-in" new vaues)). ... and the ability to amend one row rather than have to amend the ...
    (microsoft.public.sharepoint.teamservices)
  • Re: cannot attach word file??
    ... This isn't a problem caused by Word or Excel. ... affecting your browser's ability to handle. ... Ask further in newsgroups dedicated to the browser you are using, ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)