Re: Database replicator

Mike Shkolnik wrote:
Many thanks for the pointer:  I surely can't see how smi can help me
replicate my Firebird, though.  You are talking about importing data
from various sources - importing is *very* different to replication.

You may define the unique field and update records from one dataset. Or update existing and add the newest. Also you may define the own conditions - for example, you'll "import" the subset records from head office to branch (ID_BRACH=5 or something like that)

Ok, thanks Mike. I am glad I replied! So - now I need to determine how you do this - would it be via BDE or ADO? Because, if so, I am not too interested. I currently use FIBPlus 5 against Firebird 1.5, and know this product (FIB) well, so if you have a product that builds on this knowledge I will take a proper look. Or if you can convince me to take a proper look anyway - ie which components will achieve replication for me, and where to look for quick start guides for Firebird 1.5.

--
Colin
 utsl

  • Daffodil Replicator v2.0 released with support for Firebird data replication
    ... with support for Firebird to Firebird data replication, ... replication operations can be performed faster, ... Firebird database to multiple Firebird databases. ... version does not provide the functionality of Firebird data replication ...
    (comp.lang.java.announce)
  • Re: Database replicator
    ... replicate my Firebird, though. ... You are talking about importing data ... utsl. ...