Re: Is it safe to use Mike's XP Theme manager in Delphi 6?

"Tim Sullivan" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Regardless how well the app is skinned it will always be a stranger in
the
> > system.
>
> I could not agree more. Also, it makes for a tech support NIGHTMARE.

It depends on your product.
If your program is a file or system utility, skin is not necessary and
it may be nasty for the user.
But if your program is media player, or some chat client, some
skin is not too bad.

  • Re: FC1 2 3 RH9 10 MDK 6 7 8 9
    ... > I do realised that some programmers installers check what is installed ... then error for three days then glory the app works. ... put them on Linux platforms. ... Where as windoze is nothing more than a good looking skin, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Any one using SUI Soft Skins VCL
    ... My only problem now is that the app I want to skin uses the Orpheus VCL. ... relatively easy if you design the thing well, ... SUISkin is just one component and works much like VCLSkin, ...
  • Re: *PM picks Quebecer, Haitian immigrant as next GG*
    ... > Then this "removing the curse from the land, and its people, ... > regardless of the color of their skin." ...
    (soc.culture.haiti)
  • Re: Would Skinning be a good solution ?
    ... If the user has problems reading their screen then they can just set their ... theme to high contrast colours. ... If you skin your app then you remove the ...
  • Re: Islam: The Message of Peace
    ... The Prophet's most important task was to bring peace to the world. ... this end, he urged people to accept the fact that, regardless of skin ... Bob Morein ...
    (rec.audio.pro)