Re: RealThinClient webserver demo & PHP5?

Danijel Tkalcec [RTC] wrote:
> "Jack Johnson" wrote:
>> Does anybody have the RealThinClient webserver demo working with
>> PHP5? If so, can you share your configuration & setup info?
>
> You will have to add the PHP installation folder (where you have
> installed PHP5) to System PATH. This is the same folder you have to
> use from the RTC WebServer.
>
> On Windows XP ... right-click on "My Computer" and select
> "Properties" to get the "System Properties" window, then select
> "Advanced" and click on "Environment Variables". You will see 2
> list-boxes. Select "PATH" from the lower list-box and add your PHP
> installation folder path there (separated with a semicolon ";").
>
> After you restart the PC, RTC WebServer should be able to work with
> PHP.

Thanks, Danijel, but it is already on the path, and I can call the
command-line utilities from a command prompt. What PHP executable or DLL is
RTC WebServer trying to load?
--
Jack Johnson
Cyberworlds Inc.

  • Re: Local vulnerability in suexec + FastCGI + PHP configurations
    ... are vulnerable to a local exploit, where anyone with the ability to run code as the user the webserver runs as can gain access as any user with an account set up to run PHP. ... This is unlikely to be a problem for many local attackers, because there are a multitude of possible attack vectors, such as SSI, non-suexec CGI scripts, non-suexec PHP, and likely numerous other options. ... Once the attacker can run code as the same user the webserver runs as, he can make the webserver do whatever he wants. ... It should be noted that while this is a vulnerability in a way of installing PHP, it appears that there is no way to securely set up a suexec + FastCGI + PHP installation using an unpatched version of PHP and so it is hoped that the PHP developers will reconsider in time. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: PHP Runs In WinXP Command Window But Not In Browser
    ... Simplified explanation for how php works on a webserver: ... A surfer users their web browser to send a request to a webserver at ... You need to check that your web server is working. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: PHP Runs In WinXP Command Window But Not In Browser
    ... Simplified explanation for how php works on a webserver: ... A surfer users their web browser to send a request to a webserver at ... You need to check that your web server is working. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: How can I experiment with php on my pc?
    ... I first installed the webserver (personal webser that came with win98 ... the installer asked for a webserver, ... Now the webserver can run .php files. ... virtual directory and the ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: hacking and secure code
    ... >> Sounds like your provider have either used a really old version of PHP ... >> have run the webserver somehow as root. ... > hacker attack via security holes in my scripts. ... As a provider, they have another responsibility, to inform about problems they ...
    (alt.php)