Re: How to handle different application version.
- From: "Jeremy Darling" <jdarling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:29:29 -0600
If you don't get the answer you are looking for here you should try posting
to one of the lists on http://firebird.sourceforge.net/index.php?op=lists
You should be able to detect the DB version and adjust your application
accordingly. This is when a DAL and common GUI become almost necessities
"Marcelo" <@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have this problem, I have developed a delphi application version 1.0
> works with a firebird database.
> The database is in a CD so the user change the CDs when need to query
> differents monthly information.
> I have modified the application to version 2.0, and the database structure
> has changed.
> Now the user has some CDs that works with the application version 1.0 and
> some new CDs that works with application version 2.0, so the user must
> the application version 1 or version 2 depending on what cd he wants to
> I want the user just start one application and the application must know
> what version of database is working with. or maybe a master application
> call the appropiated application version.
> How can I do this? is there any component or something that let me handle
> this situation?
> In advance, and as always, thanks a lot for any help.
- Prev by Date: Re: Hypersting
- Next by Date: Re: How to handle different application version.
- Previous by thread: Re: How to handle different application version.
- Next by thread: Re: How to handle different application version.