Re: NEW RESULTS ...

Hi Danijel,

> Now FastMM4 is almost as fast as BucketMem, but it still requires 3 times
> as much memory.

I don't buy it. The minor performance difference is plausible, but not the
3x greater memory usage.

> releases memory to the OS when it's not being held by the application,
> which other 2 memory managers don't do (probably to increase performance).

Wrong assumption on your part. Both BucketMM and FastMM release memory back
to the OS when it is no longer used by the application. I don't know how you
measure memory usage, but if you were using the "Memory Usage" column in
task manager then you wasted your time. The correct column to use is the "VM
Size" column.

Regards,
Pierre

.