Re: Memory Manager Test Results

Danijel Tkalcec [RTC] wrote:

> Do you have an idea what could be reserving memory (the gray blocks)
> if it isn't my application code?

Memory Streams used to bypass the memory manager and alloc memory
directly. In D2006 that has been changed to use the memory manager, I
believe.

--
Leonel

  • Re: Memory Management
    ... The program is a bunch of DLLs. ... I'm still using the CRT's malloc and free to allocate memory. ... If the application makes a memory allocation request, ... I have implemented a memory manager for some SDK I'm working on (a ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • Re: A Layered Kernel: Proposal
    ... > requests is rather trivial for a memory manager. ... >>there is one in the kernel, ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Memory fragmentation
    ... - On single CPU machine the standard memory manager is absolutely adeguate ... compared to single CPU machine. ... b - If you have a single very CPU and memory bound process a third party ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Preventing memory fragmentation
    ... The c-runtime dynamic memory manager (and most other commercial memory ... Where can I find information on implementing and using buffer pools? ... > Is it this memory pool class you wrote that does your allocation? ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: Why does XP reset the size of my virtual memory?
    ... hard to be more incorrect then your interpretation of the pagefile Ron ... Modified memory pages are not backed up ... the pagefile is where modified pages are ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)