Re: A great article on Postgresql development

I'm currently using Firebird, and, although I've got nothing against it,
am considering czeching out PostgreSQL or DB2 sometime.

why would you move to PostgreSQL from Firebird?

Ed Dressel

  • Re: [OT]: ORACLE (was Re: "Mac OS X =?ISO-8859-15?Q?enth=E4lt_?= =?ISO-8859-15?Q?__v
    ... Ist es wirklich so viel performanter als MySQL oder PostgreSQL? ... Es gibt eine *Express*-Version von DB2, ... von Oracle, Informix und SQL Server. ...
    (de.comp.sys.mac.misc)
  • Charset der Datenbank =?iso-8859-1?b?/GJlcnBy/GZlbg==?=
    ... McKoi, PostgreSQL, MySQL, DB2, Sybase, ...
    (de.comp.lang.java)
  • Re: PostgreSQL or MySQL ?
    ... PostgreSQL or MySQL ... have used MySQL before but heard good stuff about PostgreSQL. ... If you ever decide to change dbms, it will be easier with postgres ... Finally, the major players in the field (DB2, Oracle, MsSQL) all have free to use versions these days. ...
    (comp.databases)
  • Re: A great article on Postgresql development
    ... I'm currently using Firebird, and, although I've got nothing against it, am ... considering czeching out PostgreSQL or DB2 sometime. ...
  • Re: DELPHI 7 & DB2?
    ... Sql Server 2000 is not serious,It does not let me have two foreign ... didn4t like either Vitavoom dbexpress driver. ... You best option is to use Postgresql. ... It has incredible documentation and is very similar to Oracle or DB2 ...