Re: updated Delphi FastZlib 1.2.3

Hi Roberto,

Jedivcs is actually using (mostly) abbrevia for un-/compression
and I wanted to know if it could profit by using another
compression library.
So I compiled a comparision pdf which is available in the
jedi newsgroup: forums.talkto.net:jedi.binaries

It shows how the libraries compress and uncompress several
text files and actually compares abbrevia, uiUcl, FastLib and
a bzip2 library.

Compress ration: nearly as good as bzip2
Compress performance: 1st place
Uncompress performance: 1st place

really impressing, keep your good work!
Just curious if c sources are ready for *nix OS?

Regards
Thomas

  • Re: updated Delphi FastZlib 1.2.3
    ... I cant download your pdf from the server... ... Jedivcs is actually using abbrevia for un-/compression ... It shows how the libraries compress and uncompress several ...
  • Re: Poll: What additional software would you like to see for the HP 50G ?
    ... A library for compressing other libraries. ... is that not what "Kompression Aid" is doing already? ... shall be able to compress 128KB libraries too! ... sensible memory savings. ...
    (comp.sys.hp48)
  • Re: LINKLST into EXTENTS
    ... z/OS allocates the libraries so that if you do a legitimate compress it ... If you compress a library outside the bounds of what the ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: updated Delphi FastZlib 1.2.3
    ... the C sources are the original zlib starting from 1.2.1; I was changing only the 1.1.4. ... It shows how the libraries compress and uncompress several ... Compress performance: 1st place ...
  • Re: PDSE
    ... In theory and with proper planning, one should not need to compress active linklisted libraries, PDS or PDSE. ... The idea of application libraries in the linklist is not something I like, but they can certainly be dynamically added after IPL and removed, update/compress, re-added for maintenance. ... The system allocates LNKLST data sets for a reason -- so that you can't ... (where for compress "doing things right" means getting the data set ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)