Re: Looking for Accounting Software

I haven't actually used TC ( http://www.turbocashuk.com/ ),
and, ofr anything serious, I probably wouldn't either.

IMO, they have a very poor understanding of licensing and
they have made it GPL --all at the same time statically
linking (compiling in) closed-sourse 3rd party components.

I am not saying it is a violation, 'cos I am not a lawyer,
but it does come very very close to being one.

  • Re: Picking a license
    ... The "GPL hurts everyone" is a flat-out ... the people who see the merit in copyleft-style licensing have ... and Stallman has said that that's unethical and I ... I am saying that the Free Software movement is a well-defined ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Picking a license
    ... that is because the cost of the software has been deliberately ...  I'm not whining about people licensing stuff under the GPL, ... alike", which is what the GPL achieves, so why should I not assume ... hapless recipient of a work who doesn't bother reading the licence? ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Moving Userspace RCU (urcu) from GPL to LGPL license
    ... LGPL library rather than GPL so it can be linked to the userspace part ... in userspace and in kernel-space just for a licensing question. ... really like to keep the Linux kernel coding-style within this library. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: MultiValue Visual Basic
    ... disagreement with you constitutes 'trolling' so I won't be too ... Here is my quote about OpenQM to ... >>> I have many issues with their interpretation of licensing ... well as the GPL verbiage in all of the text files I have read so far. ...
    (comp.databases.pick)