Re: Version info editor needed

Just so you know, the dll with the added version info causes ERROR_NOACCESS
when LoadLibrary is called. (But the original dll is loading correctly).

"Andrew Fiddian-Green" <nn@dd> wrote in message
"Igor Siticov" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
You can try our Resource Builder: http://www.resource-builder.com

Igor, I bought your software.

I was able to use it to add a version info resource to my dll. But the
modified dll causes an error when my application trys to load it, so I
think your resource linker is causing some damage to the dll binary.

Note: I tried both of the "Updating Methods":
1) when using your internal linker, there is no error from Resource
Builder, but I get the dll loading error from my application.
2) when using Windows API I get "Linker error (1) - Executable file not
found"..

Do you have any suggestions how to fix this?

AndrewFG

  • Re: Resource only DLLs - a resolution?
    ... I gave up after setting the window styles to exactly the ones the documentation told me would cause it not to try and write to the resource section of the memory, and finding that it didn't work. ... It seems to me from what i've been reading, that loading the DLL with LOAD_LIBRARY_AS_DATAFILE, does not really do the same thing as loading a normal DLL at all, an my mental model of what is going on is very incomplete. ... I am also deeply suspicious of the fact that it causes problems under XP and not Vista: if it were trying to write to a read-only section why doesn't it cause the same under both? ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Control Panel Applet does not appear in Control Panel
    ... > For the icons and strings I made a resource dll which is loaded and set ... > in the OnInit function of the CPL. ... Loading the dll in OnInit doesn't sound like a great idea to me. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Dynamic DLL Loading or Static ?
    ... Loading it on demand the cuts down on load time for the app and on memory foot ... the DLL contains functionality that depends on specific platform features. ... There are two areas where static and dynamic loading differ. ... If you use static loading the DLL will be loaded and its Initialization ...
    (borland.public.delphi.nativeapi)
  • Re: Dynamic DLL Loading or Static ?
    ... A DLL is dynamic linked always: ... terms are load-time dynamic linking and run-time dynamic linking. ... > initialize this DLL and I'm loading it dynamically. ... This is the default value for WinXP SP1 and WinSrv03. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.nativeapi)
  • Re: Manifest Requires Win2K Compatibility?
    ... You need to call InitCommonControlsEx() in a controlled manner in order to load the new version Common Controls before the VB6 runtime gets the chance to force loading of the older version DLL. ... Once VBRUN has made this call, the system won't try to handle DLL loading failures - expecting the "I'm so smart" VBRUN to handle them. ...