Re: Do you know of an easy to use Jabber server for Win and/or Linux?

I'm looking for a Jabber server that will ideally be:

- GPL licensed
- Cross platform
- *NOT* Java based( I don't want to mess with JRE and all that
stuff)
- Easy to administer(not necessarily graphically, cli is ok as
long as the configuration files are "humanly" :D)
- Easy to extend(this means, like, Delphi or proper C++, i.e.
documented source code and no nasty tricks in it, which are so
common in the C++ world)

Any suggestion?

I was looking for a server too, there are two significant ones, Wildire and
ejabberd, written in Java and Erland respectively. I wanted to extend
ejabberd but it was real PITA learning and trying to write something in new
functional language. Now I'm writing my own client and server in
Delphi/FreePascal. You will find other servers, but they are not that
advanced and feature rich.

  • Re: Delphi as a Web development Tool?
    ... I initially used Delphi for web development back in the days of raw isapi ... extensions, before Java added servlets, etc. ... development and a good debugging environment. ... something to a server belonging to customer department servers within the ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: 64-bit - the desaster continues ...
    ... My guestimates do leave room for writing a server app and in average 2 client apps for that server app in addition to ... > b) I honestly doubt that 25% of Delphi folks have purchased architect or versions ... They may not all be using Delphi for that (Java is very popular in those circles), and often they top it off with a web ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: A Java Byte-code Compiler for Delphi
    ... Mix and mangle serverobjects written in Delphi and Java, C++Builder and Java or Kylix and Java. ... Contains intelligent true loadbalancing between servers offering the same type ... > run within a *real* application server (clustered, ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: corba questions
    ... > Java server. ... If I am using delphi on the same box as the server app, ... Socket to Socket communication (Client Delphi socket to Java Server ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: AJAX devtool using Cobol
    ... managed by a Java Applet. ... Server Affinity is completely under ... just enter an asterix "*" for the Queue Name and then click ... Applet Java code is application-neutral and completely reusable. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)