Re: ANN: AJC Active Backup 30% discount on Bits du Jour - Today only
- From: Julian Ziersch <news@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 20:13:14 +0200
This program is just wonderful in its simplicity. Imagine a tool which
offers you to show "what changed today" or "what changed this week" by
just a click on a label. Or you find out that the last half hour you
were developing into the wrong direction - one click and you are back
where you started.
Thank you, can I add the above to my list of testimonials?
That said, I would happily pay for an upgrade if that would offer me:
- less old fashioned user interface
Yes I have been thinking about this. Do you have any ideas/examples for a
Mainly the buttons, they are kind of ok in the main program but in the
archive viewer I alwaqys have to look for the "find differences"
button. I think it will be find if you go to larger icons. The
"Compare" item should be in Menu "Revisions"
- a tree in the archive viewer to order the revisions by day
I think that would be nice and easy to implement.
- added security to store a full copy every x days. (I never had a
problem with it but I am still afraid that something happens)
Why not use AJC Directory Synchronizer to sync your files to another
machine/drive every few days. This is what I do.
I am actually doing something like this - I just want to be 100% sure
that I can always open the ARJ. (As I said, never had a problem)
Maybe you are already doing what I am suggesting.
- A possibility to manage a list of files which should be saved after
they were NOT changed anymore for a certain time. That list should
survive a shutdown. (this would be good for large files)
Yes I have been thinking about adding a feature like this too.
- Prev by Date: Re: Shareware applications protected
- Next by Date: Looking for HTML TEdit control
- Previous by thread: Re: ANN: AJC Active Backup 30% discount on Bits du Jour - Today only
- Next by thread: Re: ANN: AJC Active Backup 30% discount on Bits du Jour - Today only