Re: Replacement for IPworks

Scott,

I have used a few libraries:
Internet Mail Suite by Argosoft (I think this is no longer supported and
very old, but I mention it because it was a great library)
Indy 9,10
ICS

I can tell you without a doubt to get ICS and you will be pleased. The only
issue with it is the minimal documentation, but I haven't found it
bothersome. You'll find all kinds of neat uses for the asynchronous
capabilities.

I am not a fan of Indy and wish I had not developed anything with it. If it
wasn't such a monumental pain I would remove it from my applications.

-Johnnie

  • Re: ANN: BTActiveMQClient - Apache ActiveMQ messaging system client
    ... Being dependent strictly on Indy is a non-starter for me. ... the BTActiveMQClient communcation layer is very simple. ... It should be possible to use some kind of adapter class to plug in different libraries. ...
  • Re: Comments on managing large project with many dependencies
    ... > the component libraries etc... ... This is one of many reasons why some people prefer NOT to install third-party ... This is what I've done with Indy, ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: ANN: BTActiveMQClient - Apache ActiveMQ messaging system client
    ... sending and receiving of objects requires Delphi 7 or higher. ... I will add support for some other libraries soon, ... Indy 10 seems to be very mature now. ...
  • Re: Comprehensive and reliable library?
    ... three libraries are called for. ... I strongly prefer open source from the start. ... A handfull of single components from various sources I'm still tracking ... the Indy and JEDI sites are a mess as far as finding organized ...
  • Re: http://www.turbopower.com/
    ... Would these be a candidate for inclusion like Indy and the rest? ... > I hope we can keep these libraries an active part of the Delphi community. ... > Paul Breneman ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)