Re: Email reports from a program:

Hi,

Nard Moseley (Digital Metaphors) wrote:

I Googled and found an example of using Indy to send Gmail (see link
below). Looks like it requires the account user name and password, which
is not suprising. I can think of the following options for getting user
account info.

Shouldn't it be possible to use smtp.gmail.com to send mail to any @gmail
account without needing a password? I always thought that was the idea of
an smtp server: Accept mail for the users known to it.

MfG
twm

  • Re: Email reports from a program:
    ... Nard Moseley (Digital Metaphors) wrote: ... is not suprising. ... account info. ... in now days and after a number of open SMTP server have been abused I would expect any SMTP server to not allow any one to send any email with proper credentials, even for users that are server by this server. ...
  • Re: xp_cmdshell returns unexpected Return codes
    ... But I am using the SQL SERVER start up account to run this xp_cmdshell. ... And what is suprising me most is that it sometime works and sometimes ... any clue on what is goin wrong?.. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.msde)