Re: RealThinClient SDK > Free Commercial License with more Support options

Danijel Tkalcec wrote:

To avoid this thread to start growing exponentially, in case anyone
has any questions, comments or recommendations, please contact

Danijel,

I am sory, but I'll stick with this thread here as I belive there's at
least one detail that has to be discussed here.

While I do agree that what you did will enable a whole lot of 3rd party
VCL/code to be based on RTC SDK (for which I'd like to thank you), I
wonder if you have considered this scenario:

Suppose I develop VCL(s) based on your SDK..

Being not allowed to re-distribution the RTC SDK is fine as long as
people can get a free current copy from your site; but when/if they can
no longer do that, things would get rather uncomfortable for us.

I am asking this basicaly because of the fact that you do not allow
re-distribution of the SDK.

What happens when and if the license changes again; or in some other
way whereby the source is not available under the current (or better)
terms?

Unless I have missed it, I'd like to know if you plan to add a clause
to your license to cover this possibility?

Would you be prepared to let the SDK be automatically re-licensed
under, say, a BSD-style license from the moment you announced it
abondened or, say, six months since the last update?

  • Re: Video compression on Pocket PC....
    ... display driver and have it send the data. ... SDK to OEM's for integration into their applications. ... If you are interested in a non-exclusive license of our SDK, ... be extortionate, and that I have no idea if I am interested in their SDK ...
  • Video compression on Pocket PC....
    ... SDK to OEM's for integration into their applications. ... a negotiated per month fee for use of our SDK in development plus a royalty ... stream based on distribution and market share of the developed application. ... If you are interested in a non-exclusive license of our SDK, ...
  • Re: Pre-authorizing content at point of sale
    ... a device has a cache of licenses for each media ... a license is either pre-delivered or, ... a license is requested from the licensing server ... Step 2 is accomplished using the WMRM SDK on the server side ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.sdk)
  • Re: Delphi for IPHONE
    ... You must agree to a separate EULA for the SDK, ... Apple considers the license confidential, ... When you get the license from Apple, you must agree not to repost ... Could you be so kind as to post a copy of CodeGear's Tiburon Field Test NDA here? ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Adding DRM protection on the fly
    ... our company has received when signing license agreement. ... If memory serves, the WMRM SDK contains the components to ... think you need a different license to support DRM in the WMF ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.sdk)