A compile problem or a conceptual one

From: Stark (starkwedder_at_virgilio.it)
Date: 11/27/03

Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:05:40 GMT

I moved a proc from one module to another and I cannot compile it anymore. I
don't understand why. It fails with the message "Undefined identifier Self"
in the following statement:
      NewItem := TMenuItem.Create(Self);
The unit where the proc used to be was a form with a TMenu as a component,
while the unit where the proc was moved is a unit with no form (where I keep
more general routines), so I suspect that the problem has something to do
with this.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: PROBLEM: pthread-safety bug in write(2) on Linux 2.6.x
    ... the pipe guarantees atomicity. ... Proc 0 read 8174 bytes ... As shown, linux completely fails. ... on a dual SMP system, ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: A compile problem or a conceptual one
    ... > I moved a proc from one module to another and I cannot compile it anymore. ... It fails with the message "Undefined identifier ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)
  • using TCL with sqlite database...
    ... I'm trying to access an SQLite database via TCL. ... Creating/opening/create tables etc. succeeds when doing it in 1 procedure, ... but fails when I open the db in proc open_sqlite_db and try to write ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Electrohome T.V.!!
    ... Electrohome is out of Biz. ... anymore, and i doubt you'll be able to get a stereo, proc IC ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: T.V. Electrohome !!