Re: Only One Instance.

From: J French (erewhon_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 01/15/04

Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 08:24:53 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 17:07:34 GMT, johnd@STRIP.autoartisans.com (John
Dammeyer) wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>My application needs to run on program startup. I've had it working
>well with an entry into the registry but during development I made a
>few errors and ended up with two app.exe entries in the registry. I
>can't ever have more than one instance running due to hardware
>accesses.

<snip>

Apart from Mutexes, RegisterWindowsMessage is handy for this sort of
thing

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Registry question
    ... RegMaid.exe Helps Clean Up the Registry ... Microsoft Visual C++, 32-bit Learning Edition, version 6.0 ... RegMaid provides information about entries that are believed to be ... server file entry cannot be found by the system. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: MS Backup
    ... Okay, I had to go to bed too:) Now, no cd is nothing to worry about. ... reason you don't have that entry in your registry is because you don't have ... >> msnewsgroups..on the right, then go to the toolbar, click on view>current ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Word opens slowly
    ... See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more information. ... I have done three fresh install, scanning first, then defragging, then cleaning the registry before reinstalling Office. ... HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\word\10.0 Delete the entire 10.0 entry. ...
  • Re: C:WINDOWSafitelaguzeyaweb.dll
    ... entry the "right" way:. ... an associated orphaned startup parameter or registry entry ... tool called Autoruns. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: HP Scanjet 5400cse
    ... Do you have any help on the registry update. ... that I must uninstall again; clean up residual folders, ... Create a new folder on your desktop and name it registry backups, ... select export now navigate to the folder you created and save this entry ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)