Re: Only One Instance.

From: J French (erewhon_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 01/15/04

Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 08:24:53 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 17:07:34 GMT, johnd@STRIP.autoartisans.com (John
Dammeyer) wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>My application needs to run on program startup. I've had it working
>well with an entry into the registry but during development I made a
>few errors and ended up with two app.exe entries in the registry. I
>can't ever have more than one instance running due to hardware
>accesses.

<snip>

Apart from Mutexes, RegisterWindowsMessage is handy for this sort of
thing

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Registry question
    ... RegMaid.exe Helps Clean Up the Registry ... Microsoft Visual C++, 32-bit Learning Edition, version 6.0 ... RegMaid provides information about entries that are believed to be ... server file entry cannot be found by the system. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: MS Backup
    ... Okay, I had to go to bed too:) Now, no cd is nothing to worry about. ... reason you don't have that entry in your registry is because you don't have ... >> msnewsgroups..on the right, then go to the toolbar, click on view>current ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Word opens slowly
    ... See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more information. ... I have done three fresh install, scanning first, then defragging, then cleaning the registry before reinstalling Office. ... HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\word\10.0 Delete the entire 10.0 entry. ...
  • Re: C:WINDOWSafitelaguzeyaweb.dll
    ... entry the "right" way:. ... an associated orphaned startup parameter or registry entry ... tool called Autoruns. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Multiple references to same component in reference dialog
    ... the References dialog box. ... This entry will be an orphaned entry in that it no ... Registry Entries Made by an ActiveX Component ...