Opendialog and multiselect

From: Kent Briggs (
Date: 08/20/04

Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 01:41:22 GMT

Is it possible to initiate an OpenDialog with multiple file names before
calling Execute? When I call opendialog.execute with the
AllowMultiselect option on, I can of course select multiple files and
they are displayed in the filename box like this:

"filename1" "filename2" "filename3"

And when Execute returns, the filename property contains the first one
and the Files property contains a stringlist with all of the file names.
I want to be able to do this in reverse. If I have those same three
files I want to call Execute and have them listed in the filename box as
before. However, the Files stringlist is readonly so this didn't work:

With opendialog do

and this didn't work either:

opendialog.filename:='"filename1" "filename2" "filename3"';

I have D5.

Kent Briggs,
Briggs Softworks,