Re: New to DLLs

From: J French (
Date: 09/16/04

Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:26:23 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 17:40:21 +0200, "Bjørge Sæther"
<> wrote:

>A good example of when an Interface is useful - just return an implementing
>object and forget it.
>The calling application would know the interface without being bothered with
>the implementing code.
>If reference counted, it dies when there is no references.

I've always avoided messing with COM in Delphi
(apart from a nightmare visit to the AX Factory for an insistent

I honestly reckon that it is better to work with explicit handles, as
one does with the VCL, rather than introduce COM into the foreground
- but maybe I am just biased ...