Re: New to DLLs

From: J French (erewhon_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 09/16/04

Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:26:23 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 17:40:21 +0200, "Bjørge Sæther"
<bjorge@hahaha_itte.no> wrote:
<snip>

>A good example of when an Interface is useful - just return an implementing
>object and forget it.
>The calling application would know the interface without being bothered with
>the implementing code.
>If reference counted, it dies when there is no references.

I've always avoided messing with COM in Delphi
(apart from a nightmare visit to the AX Factory for an insistent
client)

I honestly reckon that it is better to work with explicit handles, as
one does with the VCL, rather than introduce COM into the foreground
- but maybe I am just biased ...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Horseman of the Apocalypse (hes never even seen a)
    ... (snip financial voodoo) ... I think you'll agree it's not going to all the oil will disappear at ... Talk of billions dying doesn't concern me, the method in which a person dies ... country should be allowed them, they will all need them sooner or later. ...
    (uk.sport.football)
  • Re: Is it possible to know within a function which object called it
    ... that there is an error in the design. ... my system that I would want to prevent them from calling this function. ... // execute if okay ... interface ICanBeProcessed ...
  • IDispatch* , COM Server(LOCAL_SERVER), event data and C#.NET
    ... I have one main inbound interface called ... If IDispatch is the answer, I already did the following, ... I did code following C++ wrapper class for the _ICallInfo impl. ... // object before calling the base class. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.interop)
  • Re: New Hard Drive
    ... I suppose I'd better get the IDE update for her and ... HD connected to the Unipod IDE interface? ... RISC OS partition> 512 MB: ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.hardware)
  • Re: Coding suggestions for easy maintenance by non-coders
    ... >> administrative interface. ... It's also too easy to screw up for a seasoned programmer, ... >> could be more unwieldy to deal with 300 or so separate product files. ...
    (comp.lang.php)