Re: Delphi and .net?

From: Bjørge Sæther (bjorge_at_hahaha_itte.no)
Date: 09/23/04

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:04:12 +0200

Dodgy wrote:
> I need to write a .net app for a windows ce .net 4.2 handheld.
>
> I'd rather not have to go out and buy a m$ product, and would much
> rather do it in Delphi if at all possible.
>
> From what I can see there are two choices, Delphi 7 and Delphi 8. The
> odd version number theory, and the price would say go for 7.
>
> But does either of them do .net for compact framework? (And there was
> me thinking .net was supposed to sort out this platform dependency
> problem... hehe!)

It was said that the delphi community could influence on whether ther would
be a campact framework version of Delphi 8. This was some time last spring,
but I have not seen anything indicating that we'll soon have it.

--
Regards,
Bjørge Sæther

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problems With D5 and HypterThread CPUs on Windows XP Pro
    ... Dodgy wrote: ... I am not using thread's of my own and these applications run without incident on older machines. ... Please help because I cant just upgrade my admittedly elderly Delphi, ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)
  • Re: Delphi and .net?
    ... >> rather do it in Delphi if at all possible. ... >It was said that the delphi community could influence on whether ther would ... >be a campact framework version of Delphi 8. ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)
  • OPen Software Projects
    ... Are there many open software projects out ther in delphi like Openoffice.. ... EMAIL to me please put 123 somewhere in subject to get through my Spam ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: OPen Software Projects
    ... > Are there many open software projects out ther in delphi like Openoffice.. ... "Programming is an art form that fights back" ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)