Re: Getting the text under the cursor from any application

Andreas Koch wrote:
> etherington19@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Is this really feasible.
> Well, its the only way if you want to be able to handle every app.
> If an app displays its text by rendering it into a bitmap, its no
> text anymore. How do you want to get that text back? You can get
> certain things working with getwindowtext etc, but that won't help
> for all apps.

My own flagship app, BASin (an IDE for a BASIC language, written in Delphi)
doesn't display any system text in the editor - it's *all* bitmapped. You'd
need to get access to BASin's memory to pull the text out, and even then
it's not actually stored as text, but tokens.

So yes, OCR is the *only* way.

D.

  • Re: Target device
    ... Did you run dumpbin /dependents to see what your app is dependent on. ... Microsoft WEP Gold-level Member ... > // Attach the bitmap object to the HBITMAP returned by SHLoadImageFile ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)
  • Re: Trying to rotate a bitmap
    ... > I have a problem to solve for the app I'm working on right now. ... (When the Bitmap object is first referenced, ... > I downloaded the demo code, but found that it doesn't display the ... The code works fine here as-is however will only work with 8-bit images since it only writes one byte per pixel. ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.winapi)
  • Re: OutOfMemory exception
    ... And that app is not using a managed Bitmap class, ... Imaging APIs to scale the photo for view. ... Any other guidance about how to avoid this OutOfMemory exception in the ...
  • Re: MFC visual C++ help
    ... It may be worth starting by looking at that in the help system. ... when i open a bitmap with it is ... How does the code look for your alert message? ... InitInstance is only executed when the app is ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Looking for sample code
    ... >I need to write an app that will create a bitmap, and display ... >it in a window ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)