Re: Question about showing hints in status bar

Adam Sandler schrieb:

I'm guessing that when I reset Application.OnHint in a secondary form's
FormActivate event, it doesn't get reset to the parent when the
secondary is closed.

That's very probable. You might set Application.OnHint to nil in the FormDeactivate event, until a new FormActivate event installs another handler.

If that's true, then I guess I'm looking for a
way to ensure that whatever form has focus also has a visible
Application.OnHint event handler.

I'd not change Application.OnHint with every new form, but instead make this event handler redirect the hints to either the active form, or better to the main form, just as you like.

DoDi
.