Re: Set the CheckBox.Checked without the OnClick being called

"Jamie" <jamie_ka1lpa_not_valid_after_ka1lpa_@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
[...]
Hmm, what's wrong with simply using the already supplied TAG property
in the control to be used as a flag indication?

You only get one Tag per component.

I have some code at work where I keep names in a stringlist. The names
appear in an input string. First, they were annotated with their
starting position (they _should_ appear only once). Then, the possibility
arose that the names would be changed on the fly, several times during
processing, and I needed to keep both starting and original ending
position. So now the stringlist is annotated with an object boxing two
integers. Pass me that paper bag, will you?

The name 'Tag' carries absolutely no meaning. As Rob said.

I have some code at work that uses Tag. And other code that uses it
differently. And yet other code, and so on and so forth. And _of course_
the source doesn't document how it's being used. And if it did, the
comments wouldn't be maintained.

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink

  • Re: Getting Start/End time, etc. from IPM.Schedule.Meeting.Resp.Po
    ... So, if I understand you correctly, I can get at these named properties by ... both marked with the same string. ... to GetIDsFromNames and "or" the returned tag with teh appropriate type (e.g. ... then iterating over the list and calling ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.messaging)
  • Re: Linked List & Dynamic Memory Allocation
    ... for every call to malloc but when I do that inside the for loop I end ... You attach a string to the ... you can find your lunch is to start at the tag labeled "lunch" and follow it to the box on ... Suppose I have 1000 cubic feet of "memory". ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Multiple Tags
    ... The Tag for a control is just a string, so using string functions, it's ... possible to find "uniques strings" within the Tag. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Convert *.wma File Names to Text
    ... the value of the Tag property isn't used ... title As String * 30 ... Dim FileName As String ... Dim mp3info As MP3TagInfo ...
  • Include Schema Name When Creating XML
    ... I have a Java program that creates an XML string and I wanted to pass ... public void startDocument ... This method will create the open tag for a new element. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)