Hiding part of a TEdit

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to hide a part of a field, like password field.

I have a client ID (which is sensitive information) and I need to
display only a part of the ID, the last 3 digits. The remaining part
must be hidden and can't be modified.

Example :

___-123 (Partial client ID : Users with enough privilege can input the
whole ID. Other users can only modify the last 3 digits.)

****-123 (Full client ID but only the last part is displayed because
the current user doesn't have enough privilege to see the entire ID)

4567-123 (Full client ID is shown, the current user has the privilege
to see the full ID)

Any suggestions?

  • Re: Hiding part of a TEdit
    ... I'm looking for a way to hide a part of a field, like password field. ... I have a client ID and I need to ... display only a part of the ID, the last 3 digits. ... the current user doesn't have enough privilege to see the entire ID) ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)
  • Re: Hiding part of a TEdit
    ... I'm looking for a way to hide a part of a field, like password field. ... I have a client ID and I need to ... the current user doesn't have enough privilege to see the entire ID) ... and the remaining characters in the second (set MaxLength ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)
  • Event ID 578 logged 4 times every second
    ... Event Source: Security ... Event Category: Privilege Use ... Primary User Name: APP1$ ... Client Domain: PROD ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Access is denied
    ... Primary User Name: Administrator ... Primary Domain: MICRON ... Client User Name: - ... > Event Category: Privilege Use ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Pen test - Attorney client Privilege?
    ... A simpler answer on client legal privilege would be ... Privilege protects the confidentiality of communication between a ... Communication which meets the criteria of legal professional privilege ...
    (Pen-Test)