Re: RegSvr Registration

<alanglloyd@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1191393845.384688.86970@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What is the effect of duplicating the registration by RegSvr32 of an
Ax item. Does it ignore and not register it again, or does it
duplicate it. And if it duplicates it what is the effect of that.

I can recommend RegMon to find out.

There _might_ be some message-broadcast-based notification afterwards
that you'll miss by only looking at the registry, and that might make
re-registering useful after all. Because my guess is that it will have
exactly no effect in the registry.

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink

  • Re: Trial Offers
    ... Taskbar Repair Tool Plus! ... > data in your registry. ... > I avoid such problems by never testing software on my stable system. ... > multiboot with a duplicate of my real OS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • OT Re: Registry Back Up and Restore?
    ... Anyone can try this if they want, it won't hurt their Windows ... they can export the *whole* registry and then try to ... In all cases there were no duplicate entries created, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: OT Re: Registry Back Up and Restore?
    ... Anyone can try this if they want, it won't hurt their Windows ... they can export the *whole* registry and then try to ... In all cases there were no duplicate entries created, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: cant save database
    ... This is a long shot but is the mdb stored on an old Novell 4.xx server? ... If a table exceeded the maximum number of columns, close the database, ... Find the MaxLocksPerFile registry value using the Windows registry ... If you have changed the Indexed property of a field and duplicate data ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)
  • Re: cant save database
    ... If a table exceeded the maximum number of columns, close the database, ... Find the MaxLocksPerFile registry value using the Windows registry ... If you edit a value in the Windows registry, ... If you have changed the Indexed property of a field and duplicate data ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)