Re: Nice to have feature in upcoming Fortran compilers...

Hi, about a Nice to have feature in upcoming Fortran compilers... as
far as I know, getarg, and the corresponding iarg, narg, etc, are not
part of the standard. Are they going to be some time? Because, I think
some compilers have these routines (not all the routines, but some
subset) incorporated into their extensions, but maybe they don't work
in the same way. If anyone knows how to make the work they do with
standard instructions, please tell me. Thanks.

  • Re: Why do we need the SCL
    ... why can't each program just have it's own routines. ... Surely memory saving is no longer a real issue? ... Or, indeed, 'let's print _any_ text in one standard manner' (how many ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.programmer)
  • Re: DLL Exports and Symbols
    ... became more popular to call C from Fortran, compilers may have changed, though losing backward compatibility. ... standard makes any rule on linking symbols or calling conventions. ... The Windows API (not that I consider that a "credible" source for a standard) uses stdcall, so it's obviously not incompatible with C. ... With ANSI C I believe it is possible to use a different calling convention for varargs routines, but that possibility didn't exist before ANSI C. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Copy Clipboard in file
    ... trappings of MFC. ... library -- for WinAPI routines specifically, ... You could write the first three of these in standard C (or at least ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Cross platform lib in C
    ... a cross-platform interface to platform specific implementation. ... fopen but rather some other custom file interface anyway. ... Non-standard routines are off topic here, ... written in portable standard C. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Is there a simpler way?
    ... In my "standard library" of string handling ... routines I am used to having hundreds of formatting and conversion ... My comment about "probably an excellent programmer" was sincere, ... language GNU C++, Borland C++ and Borland Delphi, Borland Kylix. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc)