Re: (nessun oggetto)

TC <tecomeco@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> - This pointer assignment would assign a pointer to the wrong kind of data

What do you mean by "wrong kind"? Do you mean wrong type? I'd like to
see the exact error messages. Exact error messages are usually better
than an explanation of what you think they mean. I also suspect that
more context is needed because...

> - The right hand side of the pointer assignment does not have the
> POINTER or TARGET attribute

Yes it does. You gave it the pointer attribute in the line...

> type(Lista),pointer:: x,ultima;

This makes me suspicious that perhaps the function does not have
an explicit interface. I did mention in a previous post that an
explicit interface is required for functions that return pointers.
You haven't shown enough context to tell whether it has the
necesary explicit interface or not, but the reported symptoms
(or my interpretation of your descriptions of them)
sure sound like what I'd expect if it didn't.

Richard.Maine@xxxxxxxx | experience comes from bad judgment.
| -- Mark Twain

  • Re: special memory allocator
    ... pointer bounds remapping is an f2003 feature. ... but has not added the bounds remapping in pointer assignment. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Pointer-valued function to access inner components
    ... behaviours from three different compilers.... ... The pointer assignment is ok. ... However I got a whole range of behaviour from different compilers, ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Unable to create mex file from Fortran 90 code
    ... Different types in pointer assignment at ... mex: ... Call subroutine for multiplication ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: Pointer-valued function to access inner components
    ... The pointer assignment is ok. ... that the standard did not allow pointer-values functions. ... I do note that you've got generics that have specifics of the same name ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: c_f_pointer and lower bounds
    ... c_f_pointer to get a Fortran pointer, which wil have lower bounds of 1. ... That's assuming you might want lower bounds of 0 to match C conventions. ... Note that this form of pointer assignment syntax is an f2003 feature. ... f95 compiler won't necessarily have it, ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)