Re: "The Terminator" Fortran routine

> Subroutine energye, which contains this statement, is dead code,
> probably a relic.

Yes, this again is used in the main program. It calculates what we
call the Jacobi Integral, which in the restricted Three Body Problem is
a constant value for the whole trajectory from Earth to Mars - the
heliocentric part, when not near Earth or Mars. This is how we can
confirm that the trajectory is accurate; which mine was. It's a very
convenient way to authenticate trajectory calculations like this one.

  • Re: I need some help with a research project
    ... "Now consider if a computer optimization of the Earth to Mars ... It finds a trajectory from Earth to Mars that uses 25% less fuel ...
    (sci.math.num-analysis)
  • Re: Schwarzschild vs Isotropic Coordinates
    ... >> Suppose that I want to study the trajectory of a test particle ... > principles of general relativity," which discusses almost exactly ... South axes coincide with the center of the earth.) ...
    (sci.physics.research)
  • Re: Comet impact in the Eastern United States - Feasibility of Evacuation
    ... there's only one mass extinction that is thought to have been caused by ... Earth would also be very bad. ... the trajectory and mass ... won't work why not be more creative about evacuation scenarios? ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: GR1916, available online.
    ... down to 1 mm in radius; the moon is much smaller, and orbits the earth ... about 35 mm away from the earth; ... The earth is not a line, its TRAJECTORY is a line. ... d, i.e., confined to the cylindrical manifold, making the orbit ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: Problem with simulation of sun-earth-moon trajectory
    ... Following is the code I was writing to simulate the trajectory of sun, ... The trajectory of sun and earth works out just fine, but there is some problem with the moon's trajectory... ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)