Re: MODULEand USE versus Argument Passing

glen herrmannsfeldt wrote:
> Maybe printing storage maps, and especially COMMON maps is a lost art
> in compiler design...

Well, in case you hadn't noticed, we don't submit card decks and wait
for print outs at the I/O window anymore. :-) The compilers that I
use can produce such maps - if one knows the correct incantation.
But thankfully they are not produced by default - as they were in the
card deck days.

With religious use of IMPLICIT NONE and MODULES, one really doesn't
need them anymore anyway. COMMON blocks are getting pretty archaic.

Walt
-...-
Walt Spector
(w6ws at earthlink dot net)

  • Re: wchar_t in Linux
    ... The encoding of characters is not something you should normally ... concern yourself with, IMO. ... Let the compiler determine that \u2500 ... simply maps to \x2500. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • OT - old software Was: Re: PING: Charles Self
    ... > maps, and then write them back into the EXE, resulting in one compact ... And my favorite computer error message was from a Fortran compiler ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Frage zu Generics
    ... daß mir die Fatalität von untypisiertem get-Parameter bei Maps zu erläutern. ... Der Compiler könnte hier wunderbar merken, dass in der letzten Zeile ein ... Ciao, ...
    (de.comp.lang.java)