Re: MODULEand USE versus Argument Passing

glen herrmannsfeldt wrote:
> Maybe printing storage maps, and especially COMMON maps is a lost art
> in compiler design...

Well, in case you hadn't noticed, we don't submit card decks and wait
for print outs at the I/O window anymore. :-) The compilers that I
use can produce such maps - if one knows the correct incantation.
But thankfully they are not produced by default - as they were in the
card deck days.

With religious use of IMPLICIT NONE and MODULES, one really doesn't
need them anymore anyway. COMMON blocks are getting pretty archaic.

Walt Spector
(w6ws at earthlink dot net)