Re: MODULEand USE versus Argument Passing

glen herrmannsfeldt wrote:
> Maybe printing storage maps, and especially COMMON maps is a lost art
> in compiler design...

Well, in case you hadn't noticed, we don't submit card decks and wait
for print outs at the I/O window anymore. :-) The compilers that I
use can produce such maps - if one knows the correct incantation.
But thankfully they are not produced by default - as they were in the
card deck days.

With religious use of IMPLICIT NONE and MODULES, one really doesn't
need them anymore anyway. COMMON blocks are getting pretty archaic.

Walt
-...-
Walt Spector
(w6ws at earthlink dot net)