Re: Ten Commandments (On Topic!)

In article <1132567651.181930.30740@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"David Flower" <DavJFlower@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> INTEGER MATRIX(MCOL,MROW)

I always hate debugging code like this. Fortran has its own
conventions about rows and columns, and although you can swim
upstream and use the opposite convention, it just makes it harder
for others to work with your code. In fact, after you come back to
your own code in a few days, weeks, months, etc., it is harder to
work on your own code with this backwards convention.

INTEGER MATRIX(MROW,MCOL) ! the way god intended :-)

$.02 -Ron Shepard

  • Interfacing between Fortran and C - a little utility
    ... and C and I welcome the facilities that Fortran 2003 offers. ... It automatically determines what naming convention is used (from the ... FILE *outfile; ... "Unknown expected calling convention - ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Could Writing to un-identified units be a Problem ??
    ... The path is to a temporary directory where the compiler has placed the object file for your Fortran program. ... underscore is a Linux/Unix Fortran convention that g95 evidently uses on Windows as well.) ... User communities for Intel Software Development Products ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Fortran 90 modules suck for portability- why use them?
    ... I am new to Fortran but not to programming in general. ... library with codes compiled with another compiler. ... Sun's convention for generating linker names for contained ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Loop Efficiency
    ... implies physical floating point measures or pixels. ... convention that dates all the way back to FORTRAN. ... obvious to use them as loop counters. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: COMMON and IMPLICIT NONE
    ... I hate the "default initial convention": ... In my opinion I avoid a lot of stupid errors ... many Autocodes (which slightly predated Fortran). ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)