Re: Differance between Fortran 90 and C

Rich,

Rich Townsend <rhdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Getting totally off topic, does Python have significant capabilities not found
>in Perl? At the moment, I find Perl fits all of my data-hacking needs, but I'm
>keen to hear if Python would be an even-better tool for the job.

Python's syntax is much more structured and legible than that of
Perl. Thus it often appeals to those who like Fortran. One can
it.

You can check it out for yourself at

http://www.python.org/

--
Mike Prager, NOAA, Beaufort, NC
Address spam-trapped; remove color to reply.

  • Re: Python or PHP?
    ... If it's one of the things for which Python ... every language here and there more ways to do something. ... you make Perl more complicated than it is:-D. ... Not the programmer. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Recommend an E-book Meeting the Following Criteria (Newbie, Long)
    ... I know several programming languages namely Java, Perl and C in this order ... Now I'm wondering which Python book I should get as there are so many out ... I'd like to mostly concentrate on language features but some pointers ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Choosing Perl/Python for my particular niche
    ... >> For most general purpose tasks, I reach for Python first. ... > syntax and perhaps my lack of bottomless commitment (knowing Perl would not be ... verilog) so that it can be used for another e.g. verilator, ... using a standalone simulator to simulate the original verilog. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Industry profiles: Software tools: Exclusive to comp.databases.pick: Why python? (from 2000)
    ... "My first look at Python was an accident, and I didn't much like what I ... language called SNG for manipulating PNG ... Perl, of course, is the 800-pound gorilla of modern scripting languages. ... The design objective of fetchmailconf ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: Choosing Perl/Python for my particular niche
    ... >> For most general purpose tasks, I reach for Python first. ... > syntax and perhaps my lack of bottomless commitment (knowing Perl would not be ... verilog) so that it can be used for another e.g. verilator, ... using a standalone simulator to simulate the original verilog. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)