Re: dumb question #1 re: DO loops

Here's the link to Intel's Reference Manual PDF for their Fortran compiler:

ftp://download.intel.com/support/performancetools/fortran/windows/v9/lang_for.pdf

"Dick Russell" <richard.russell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> You have it right. In current Fortran, an exit from the loop would be:
> IF(ID(J).LT.0) EXIT
>
> If you haven't done so, get a copy or download one of a language manual
> on Fortran. Such things are explained nicely there.
>
> In a Fortran forum you'll see some strong opinions as to why a
> conversion to C isn't even a good thing to do, and others will be
> sympathetic. At least you're not using a translater package, which
> might just convert existing bugs, and instead looking into what the
> code is supposed to be doing.

  • Re: dynamic arrays for reading file 2
    ... problems to deal with before going much farther in Fortran programming. ... dependence of the system intrinsic and the system dependence of the wc ... to speak of the fact that the exit status of wc isn't normally available ... the system command tends to be that of the shell instead of that of the ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Semi-portable Fortran exit codes?
    ... from Fortran programs despite the lack of help from ... the Fortran standard. ... easy access to by calling the POSIXexit subroutine: ... As far as POSIX, I think much effort could have been saved over the ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Exit code with Fortran 90
    ... Thanks everyone for the replies, now I know that this behaviour is not part of the Fortran 95 standard, but it is part of the 1003.9-1992 standard and may be not avaialable on each Fortran 95 implementation. ... Sending the stop code to the OS as an exit status is not now part of the Fortran standard. ... Two of the enhancements include displaying the stop code on ERROR_UNIT and using it as the process exit status, if the processor has such a concept. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: coding style: do/exit or do while ?
    ... Assume a loop that shall be repeated until one of two ... (Let amax and bmax be integer constants of arbitrary ... Every experienced Fortran 90/95 programmer should be familiar with the ... rules of DO loops, including CYCLE and EXIT. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Allowed return codes from SYSTEM call in ifort/linux.
    ... The header provides macros to ... returns the exit status of the child. ... This C interface is no good from Fortran, ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)