Detect undefined real variables?

To detect use of undefined real variables, I'd like to have the
compiler or linker initialize all real variables with a value such that
if it is used in an assignment or expression, it causes an exception,
or otherwise sends a signal.

Is this possible? I'm using Compaq Visual Fortran 6.0.

  • Re: Detect undefined real variables?
    ... > To detect use of undefined real variables, ... > compiler or linker initialize all real variables with a value such that ... I'm not sure about CVF in particular, but finding the compiler option to ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Detect undefined real variables?
    ... Peter wrote: ... > To detect use of undefined real variables, ... > compiler or linker initialize all real variables with a value such that ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Detect undefined real variables?
    ... > To detect use of undefined real variables, ... not applicable to him on the Windows platform, I'd like to mention Valgrind ... line numbers provided that your compiler can generate debugging symbols ... Dr Keith Refson, ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Detect undefined real variables?
    ... >> compiler or linker initialize all real variables ... ... one of none, zero, nan, inf, +inf, or -inf. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)