Re: Help on array multiplication

In article <1139898947.641636.5270@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"shuisheng" <shuisheng75@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you for your reply. Would you explain a little more about your
code?
nmat seems to be the number of dimensions.

Yes, my code was for an arbitrary number of dimensions. Your case
is like nmat=3.

a evec seems to be a matrix (2-D)

Yes, I did not include the declarations. My A(:,:) is like your
B(:,:), it transforms each dimension from one coordinate system to
another.

v and r seem to be vectors

Yes, they are stored as vectors, but but they are like your
A(:,:,:). I used the RESHAPE() intrinsic to convert them into 2D
arrays of the appropriate shape.

$.02 -Ron Shepard

  • dgemm subroutine in BLAS - I think Ive cracked the difference, please confirm
    ... see what I'm talking about), so in the current state of memory allocation, ... but I have a problem when it comes to applying the dimensions. ... > In the Fortran 66 days it was because dynamic allocation didn't exist, ... > you allocate arrays big enough for the largest problem you might run into. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: dgemm subroutine in BLAS - I think Ive cracked the difference, please confirm
    ... > matrix and m,n,k define the dimensions of the actual matrix to be worked ... Now that you know all about Fortran arrays and memory use, ... While newer Fortran versions actually supply dymamic allocation ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: strange behaviour of SIZE
    ... John D'Errico wrote: ... dimensional arrays in matlab are really just special cases ... of n-d arrays, with the extra dimensions all of size 1. ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Missing constant data arrays= big hole
    ... CB claims that it's futile to include constant data arrays, ... And therefore the dimensions are in the 'normal human range'. ... 2-dimensional representation of problems is ...
    (comp.lang.oberon)
  • Re: strange behaviour of SIZE
    ... dimensional arrays in matlab are really just special cases ... of n-d arrays, with the extra dimensions all of size 1. ... think its related in some way to string theory. ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)