Re: MPI

Joe wrote:
Thanks, I'll give that a try. Does anyone have any reccomendations for
a particular operating system for the sparcs?

Joe

You can try Debian. It is one of many the Linux distributions out there. Sparc is supported by Debian.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/

  • Debian on SPARC
    ... I've written a page about my experiences of Installing and Running ... Debian on my SPARCs which is different to anything else I could find on ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Good Debian-based distro
    ... > users still run sparcs? ... I put Debian on a SunBlade 150 last year. ... archs, and that Debian on these archs works pretty much like it does on ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Firmware stuff - was systemd fight
    ... included in the offical Debian version. ... features of their languages and libraries, ... I think that it is unfortunate that we are apparently expected to throw out all of our hardware, and, replace it all, each time a new version of an operating system, is released. ... The MFP thing, as far as I am aware (I have not yet been able to use all of its functionality, due to the Debian policy regarding firmware), is still all working okay (well, it scans and prints, as well as it can, with the limited functionality of the operating system. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • How to start using a free OS (was: Why Debian)
    ... I think there is some confusion that is introduced when we call a distribution like Debian an "operating system," which used to be a term used for the software that interacts with hardware, loads and runs other software, controls basic resources, etc. Debian is a collection of thousands of pieces of software, most of which are what used to be called "applications" and would have been considered separate from the "operating system". ... There are good reasons for this, we all know that it makes a lot of sense to have a common distribution and update system for the OS, libraries, applications, all of the dependencies worked out and updates coordinated; and that this is really only possible with free software. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Anti virus and Firewall
    ... software that is suitable with your Debian 5 64bit operating system. ... While antivirus software exists for GNU/Linux systems such as Debian, ... down the server, and prevent any unouthorized changes to the filesystem. ... In terms of firewall, the Linux kernel has a builtin firewall through ...
    (Debian-User)