Re: Fortran has little support for object-oriented

In article <1143984162.639984.269070@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Guch Wu" <guchwu@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
I think there is no need to add inheritance to Fortran.
We can use composition instead of inheritance.
But constructor, descontructor, member function, and instantiation is a
must.

Why? If you want to use C++, then use C++.

--
Steve
http://troutmask.apl.washington.edu/~kargl/

  • Re: Fortran has little support for object-oriented
    ... I think there is no need to add inheritance to Fortran. ... But constructor, descontructor, member function, and instantiation is a ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Three questions
    ... Your design appears to be partly object oriented and partly ... >to get around explicit instantiation at the global namespace without ... Of course, declaring and inside a constructor, makes them ...
    (alt.comp.lang.learn.c-cpp)
  • Re: Object constructors/destructors
    ... OO demands creation of a new object requires a constructor call. ... If there is nothing to initialize, ... *instantiation*: creating an object and, optionally, creating a relation ... book on OOP). ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: [Nit] Re: Private constructor
    ... > If you don't think a constructor is a member function, ... I never said the constructor wasn't a member function. ... syntax for a function call. ... > There isn't necessarily a placement allocation function. ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Design Question/Constructor Exceptions?
    ... HoursMinutesSeconds(int inputSeconds) which calculated the number of hours, ... HoursMinutesSeconds hms = new HoursMinutesSeconds; ... constructor for the class and if the value was negative, ... which is my best approach: prevent instantiation outside the object ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)