Re: getting env. variables in gfortran...

In article <e1ogod$hlv$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
kargl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Steven G. Kargl) wrote:

Ron Shepard also implemented some of the pxf functions. I've used his
library wqith g77 on OS/2, Win16, and NeXtStep, assorted unixes, and
linux. Now I'm using it with g95 on linux.

Without knocking Ron, have you checked the safety of his source code.
Where can one find his code?

ftp://ftp.tcg.anl.gov/pub/libpxf

I have not worked on this in several years, but I think the answer
to the question isn't so much about the implementation but rather
the API. The posix API is very well designed (within f77) to handle
all possible errors, whereas the f2c style getenv() interface
wasn't. If the API is limited and inflexible, then the code can't
be "fixed" even if you have the source.

$.02 -Ron Shepard

  • Re: Building an assembler from scratch
    ... Some proprietary software has been released as FOSS software after the ... want source code 99.99% of the time. ... You cannot say that about Linux. ... OpenGL 3.2 deprecated some features (API calls); ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: getting env. variables in gfortran...
    ... Now I'm using it with g95 on linux. ... Without knocking Ron, have you checked the safety of his source code. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: If it works, this might be interesting
    ... Software is written to the Linux API. ... more than many scheme VMs or other functional languages. ... For a compiler or other command-line tool, ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Digital-tv card drivers and API discussion
    ... Designing completely new api takes some time and I ... > driver development experience, I have a couple of questions for you. ... > 2) As linux kernel is GPL-licensed, I cannot just port the linux driver ... I'm able to watch DVB programs converted from MPEG TS substreams to MPEG ...
    (freebsd-arch)
  • Re: Video editing in Linux?
    ... whatever you would want, i would have to first get linux installed, ... It is totally viable that you could modify the source code out there ... in the same way that Windows security gets ... i doubt your cpu even hits 10% of its potential ...
    (alt.linux)