Re: Two Fortran questions

nuclearsolution2010@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Walter. I tried the Posix system calls but I get a compilation
error:
fortcom: Error: test.for, line 2: Error in opening the Library module
file. [PXF_DEFINITIONS] use pxf_definitions

Sorry. PXF_DEFINITIONS is for SGI IRIX (and a few others...) For the Intel
compiler USE IFPOSIX. The test code I pasted in had preprocessor directives
to make this distinction. (It was hurredly copy/pasted from a test case
that I use. Guess I shoulda elided that bit...)

USEing the module just checks interfaces to make sure you are calling the
routines correctly. Technically it really isn't needed.

Hope this helps,

Walt

  • Re: intel compiler problem
    ... ** ALLOCATABLE is invalid in the definition of a derived TYPE ... -|> Declarations are absolutely critical to diagnosing compilation ... -|chain of syntax errors with the following test code ... Penn State Information Technology Services ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: fortran and unit testing
    ... compilation, but I was thinking of a very simple, one-level deep #ifdef ... test code may be having a subtle influence on the code itself. ... "design by contract" method than the unit test philosophy. ... If a contract is involved, then the contract should include testing or inclusion metrics, no? ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Module Fortran 90
    ... Compilation errors: ... error in opening the Library module [GLOBAL] ... problem opening the module, it's likely that they will be undefined ... The module is unusable for some reason. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: fortran and unit testing
    ... compilation, but I was thinking of a very simple, one-level deep #ifdef ... test code may be having a subtle influence on the code itself. ... I find it conceptionally better to write the testing code as near as ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: ADA Popularity Discussion Request
    ... >> But assuming perfect testing, finding the errors during compilation ... until I tried incremental test-first development. ... It takes me much longer to write and test code in C than in Ada. ...
    (comp.lang.ada)