Different results on two clusters
- From: Hakan Lane <H.L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 22:26:47 +0200
I´m experiencing a rather unexpected phenomenon. The same code acting on
the same indata produces different results on two separate clusters. On
one, it is compiled with IFC 7.0 and on the other with IFC 9.0.
Do you know why this would happen? It would not have been a big problem
if there were only small numerical differences, but this is the case of
the solution process eventually diverging on one of the systems. It is
very important for me to get around this problem.
I don´t know if it is the machine precision, the compiler or the
libraries. If you have an idea of what can be done, please help me.
Thanks in advance.
- Prev by Date: Re: Different results on two clusters
- Next by Date: FORTRAN DLLs in VB 2005
- Previous by thread: 2+2=4, but only once !?
- Next by thread: Re: Different results on two clusters