Re: Free LAPACK for Intel Fortran 8 on Windows?

Tim Prince wrote:
Brooks Moses wrote:
Thus: question: Is there an easier way to obtain a compiled LAPACK library that is compatible with Intel Fortran, which does not involve lots of work translating makefiles, and which also does not involve buying Intel's Math Kernel Library? If so, what is it?

How much translation of makefiles would you need? Either adding a few rules to rename .obj to .o, or changing .o rules to .obj? Yes, 64 bit Windows is a bit more difficult to deal with, if you choose to use 32-bit cygwin as a development environment, but you didn't choose to give that much detail.

Rather more translation than that; I was envisioning a scenario in which I was compiling it via the Visual Studio integration, which doesn't use makefiles at all, but instead uses .vfproj (and Visual Studio .sln) files.

The suggestion of using Cygwin (and make through that) and the command-line version of the compiler may work; I'm not sure how much effort it will take me to get all that working....

Thanks!
- Brooks

  • Re: squelch patch.
    ... >>> Thanks very much Timo. ... >>> makefiles, requiring 3 or more multiline changes. ... Compiling working angband gets so much easier when it is ... Why get involved with CVS at all? ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.angband)
  • Re: squelch patch.
    ... >> Thanks very much Timo. ... >> makefiles, requiring 3 or more multiline changes. ... Compiling working angband gets so much easier when it is ... > lcc-win32 and DJGPP (DJGPP runs already, maybe it doesn't use lua, and ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.angband)
  • Re: Learning process
    ... > I'm currently teaching myself the C programming language. ... Makefiles are not really a C concept. ... Make is a tool for compiling or ... and curses are not part of C, ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Portable Makefiles for C++
    ... Can someone please give me some advice on how I can create Makefiles ... that have maximum portability. ... and the project files it generates are anything but portable. ... I've noticed that Visual Studio comes with a make tool. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: squelch patch.
    ... >> Thanks very much Timo. ... >> makefiles, requiring 3 or more multiline changes. ... Lua especially. ... Compiling working angband gets so much easier when it is ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.angband)