Re: SPEC CPU2006 announced

In article <f0kHg.17408$o27.205@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Gary Scott <garylscott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Interesting what languages are chosen for each task. Possible clues to
application areas where Fortran requires improvement.

Weak clues at best -- language choice is often based on what an author
or community is familiar with.

-- greg

  • Re: SPEC CPU2006 announced
    ... Gary Scott wrote: ... application areas where Fortran requires improvement. ... Weak clues at best -- language choice is often based on what an author ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Conversion from int to char
    ... Gary Scott wrote: ... It's an abstract concept...the character variable is a substitute for a ... that while they might then be able to find the syntax, ... There's a lot of different io in fortran. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: File reading problem
    ... Gary Scott wrote: ... Meanwhile, I completely have forgotten Fortran, worked for several ... I'm not quite sure the format matches the write statement, depends on the dimension of YS and the value of NTIME. ... Support the Original G95 Project: http://www.g95.org ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Threads [was Re: Final Procedure]
    ... Gary Scott wrote: ... Fortran Library: http://www.fortranlib.com ... Support the Original G95 Project: http://www.g95.org ... Support the GNU GFortran Project: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/index.html ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Is there a way like this in Fortran?
    ... Gary Scott wrote: ... I don't want to defend C, as I find it a rather horrible language overall, but I think this would be a convenience feature in Fortran. ... Since these would not be expression-level operators merely assignment operators, the arguments over there being too many precedence levels would not apply. ... Correction, I oppose redundancy regardless of compromise of clarity, but especially so. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)